God, I want to know You ~ Mike MacIntosh

And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.
Mark 8:31
Jesus didn't create an advertising campaign with catchy slogans to rally the people. He didn't hire a publicity manager to bolster and administrate the crowds of people around Him. When He was with the people, Mark tells us that Jesus simply "began to teach." And if there is one way you can grow into a Godly woman or a Godly man, it is to sit down and let the Word of God be taught to your heart. Just dive into it!

When I was a brand new Christian, I attended every service that Calvary Chapel had: Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, Monday nights, Wednesday nights, and Thursday nights. I listened to every message that the bookstore had from Pastor Chuck Smith. I wanted to be taught. I had been into Eastern mysticism and had followed the gurus. And when I gave my life to the Lord Jesus Christ, I had a desire to be taught from the Word of God.

I remember so many times just praying out,  

"God, I want to know You; I want to understand the Bible."

And maybe that's the exact prayer you need to say right now to the Lord.

Let's not crowd our lives with the complexities of religion or religious thinking. Jesus is asking us to sit at His feet and be taught from the Word. Now how simple is that? In these financially difficult times, hearing the Word of God and teaching the Word of God is not an expensive task! Just be available to listen and to learn and to respond to His Word accordingly.

"As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him" (Psalm 18:30).

"Bless the Lord, you His angels, who excel in strength, who do His word, heeding the voice of His word" (Psalm 103:20).

"I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word" (Psalm 119:16).

Translate