JonCourson: “After seeing the Lord, Gideon was an altered man.

 

 

February 24
 
And the LORD said unto him, Peace be unto thee; fear not: thou shalt not die. Then Gideon built an altar there unto the LORD, and called it Jehovah-shalom: unto this day it is yet in Ophrah of the Abi-ezrites.
Judges 6:23-24
 
After seeing the Lord, Gideon was an altered man. Therefore, it is only logical that he would build an altar. Jehovah-shalom means “the Lord is peace.” About to face the fight of his life, Gideon didn’t feel particularly courageous. Rather, he felt unqualified, uncertain, unsure, knowing he had been called to do something out of the realm of human possibility. Yet, in meeting with the Lord at the table, he had peace.

When the disciples were afraid because Jesus told them He would be betrayed, He said, “Don’t let your heart be troubled. In My Father’s house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you” (see John 14:1-2). What’s the key to not being troubled? I believe, as this story portrays, it’s to go to the Lord’s Table and realize there will be peace beyond this present day, beyond this present problem. I can let my heart be troubled, or I can let my heart not be troubled. It’s up to me. And I make that choice every day. By focusing on eternity - on Jehovah-shalom - Gideon left with peace in his heart and a new perspective on his mind.

Posted via email from ..................The Last Call Digest

Translate