Last Call Digest: Jesus will come to us right where we are David McGee

John 20:26-27

"And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, 'Peace to you!' Then He said to Thomas, 'Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.'"
NKJV

Life Lesson

Jesus will come to us right where we are and as we are.


We have all heard the comments, "get it together," "straighten up," or the ever classic, "as the good book says, the Lord helps them that help themselves." Sometime later we heard it enough that we believed it. First, I have read the good book from cover to cover several times and let me assure you, it does not say that. Second, the Lord helps those that ask for His help.

If you are still determined to make it on your own, or get yourself cleaned up, or fly right or whatever term you want to use, the Lord will let you try. The moment you realize you need the Lord's help, He will be there to help, though not when you are over the trial, but while you are in the trial. To think that He comes to us after we get through the tough stuff is to paint Him as a fair weather friend. Beloved of God, it is you that the Lord longs to walk with through the storms of life. Call out to Him right where you are, just as you are and He will become even more real to you. The Lord loves you enough to take you just as you are, and thankfully He loves you too much to let you stay that way.

Dear Lord,
I've tried it my way and my way doesn't work. I need Your help in my life. Whatever things I'm trying to do on my own outside of You I surrender to You. Please help me. Thank You for being the best Friend forever. I pray this in Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee

Last Call Digest

This material was brought to you by Broadcast(B.C.)Christianity. Last Call Digest, is a ministry of Michael James Stone, volunteers, and people dedicated to the Love of God and Salvation of Souls. It is an aggragate of Christian Material selected to Bless you and Prepare you for each and every day you read them. May God Bless You as You Do!! Reading these Devotions will help you to prepare daily for life, living, and your Lord. You will hear God Speak To You thru them.  Jesus  is Coming Very Soon.

Last Call        

Broadcast(B.C.)Christianity, operates by you, with you, and for you. “Freely you have received, freely give”  Pass this on, everywhere you can, anytime you can, anyway you can. You will be blessed if you do.LastCallDigest@michaeljamesstone.com

Last Call Journal

Posted via email from The Last Call Digest

Translate