Who do you trust? ~ David McGee


2 Kings 18:19

"Then the Rabshakeh said to them, "Say now to Hezekiah, 'Thus says the great king, the king of Assyria:"What confidence is this in which you trust?"
NKJV

Life Lesson

We should know who or what we are trusting in. We should trust in the Lord alone.

It is very easy to begin trusting in the 'things' of this world because of the subtle way they steal our attention away from God. It is because of this subtle infiltration of worldly things that every Christian should take the time to evaluate themselves. Is there something that you give a larger role in your life than God? Has your focus become a kaleidoscope of 'things' preventing you from clearly focusing on serving God? If so, you had better confess to God and turn your gaze toward Him before the subtle deception of accumulation leaves you trusting in the stuff instead of God. Otherwise, there will come a day when you will find yourself spiritually and possibly physically famished.

Dear Father,
Thank You for Your love. Lord, forgive me for the times I have placed my focus on the 'things' in my life rather than You. Give me the discernment and wisdom to see the deception in things of this world and keep my eyes fixed upon You. I surrender everything to You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate