You and I are so blessed ~ David McGee

1 Corinthians 1:3
"that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge,"
NKJV
Life Lesson
God has blessed you, give Him thanks and praise.
---------------------
There's a story of a young man, just out of High School, who approached his father about a graduation gift. "Dad," he said while pointing to a car in a magazine, "This car is what I want. It would be the best graduation gift you can give me." The father looked at his son, gave him a hug and took the magazine and put it on his desk. A few weeks later, father and son met together at a favorite restaurant. Dad said, "My boy, I'm proud of you. I've got something for you and it's the best present I could ever give you." 
The son could hardly stop from grinning because he just knew his dad was going to pull out a set of keys. Instead, his father placed an old, worn Bible on the table. "Son, this is my Bible. It's meant everything to me and I know it will to you as well. I want you to have it." His son looked at the Bible, visibly disappointed. 
He took his eyes off his father, shook his head and left the restaurant, leaving his father and the Bible behind. Years passed with no communication between the two. Then one day, word came that his father had passed away. The son returned to his father's home to settle the estate. As he looked through his father's desk, he noticed the Bible sitting in its own spot beside a picture of him and his father in happier times. He picked the Bible up and as he did, a piece of paper fell to the ground. Looking closer, he realized it was a dealer's check for the car he had wanted. It had been tucked inside the Bible that his father wanted to give him so many years ago.
Friend, you and I are so blessed, and the crazy thing is we usually don't even notice it. We are just like the son in this story who didn't realize the blessings that were already his. Friend, don't overlook blessings because you are focused on what you don't have. You know how many people in this world wish they were able to live the way you do? Even in hardship and pain, you are blessed because you are an heir through Jesus to the riches of our Father in Heaven. God has blessed you, my friend. Give Him thanks and praise.
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for the gift of salvation. Lord, I know at times I do not recognize the day to day blessings around me. I humbly give thanks for You and all that You have done for me. Help me to put my focus and trust in You and not on myself. I recognize that all blessings come from You. I ask You to give me faith to see You in everything and everybody. Thank You, Lord. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Translate