The Lord executes His plans and purposes here on earth through us ~ Mark Balmer


My Cup Running Over

Posted:

Based on “Under His Influence – Emptied and Filled”

by Pastor Mark Balmer;

8/29-30/09,
Message #MB387;

Daily Devotional #5 - “My Cup Running Over”

Preparing the Soil (Introduction): In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the master and prepared to do any good work. (2 Timothy 2:20-21)

The Lord executes His plans and purposes here on earth through us, His ‘workmanship.’ He uses available and yielded vessels as He pleases; He holds the whole world in His hands! God can use the insignificant, most unlikely situations to manifest His power and glory.

When we empty ourselves of all that we think we have, God opens doors and paves the way for the Holy Spirit to change our world.

Planting and Watering the Seed (Growth): Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. (Psalm 143:8)

I went to work one bright and sunny day. It seemed like a perfectly normal day except that my colleague, feeling ill, had to leave after a few hours. Another lady, who happened to be a Christ follower, came in to help me with the workload.

I was excited, as I had always enjoyed working with her. But God had more than a fun day at work planned for me that day. That afternoon, a customer came to visit who my colleague and some of her church members had witnessed to some years back. As we started talking to this man, I prayed that the Holy Spirit would take full control and have us share exactly what God wanted this man to hear at this point in time.

It turned out this man was going through a divorce and had been researching different religions such as Islam and Hinduism, among others, and he was still searching.

We witnessed extensively to this man for about 45 minutes. After he left, my colleague and I pondered on the greatness of God and how He perfectly puts things in place. The time the man visited was normally a very busy time.

Can you believe no one else came to visit while we were speaking to this man?

It was also not a coincidence that both of us were working together that day. God has not finished with that gentleman yet. It was strongly impressed upon me that God was going to use that gentleman some day for His divine purposes and was systematically arranging these divine encounters.

Throughout the Bible, the Lord again and again used “empty vessels,” people who gave up everything and waited on the Holy Spirit to fill them. Saul, on the way to Damascus was voided of all his purposes and desires when God changed His life. God filled Paul up with His own desires, plans, and aspirations. What was the result? God used Paul to change impact and change the world around Him. (Acts 9:1-31)

Harvesting the Crop (Action/Response): Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and in earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; and you are exalted as head over all. (1 Chronicles 29:11). God can work in you and through you by His Holy Spirit. He desires and requires all of you, but you must come to Him empty. God is always ready to fill you up till your cup runs over. May the Lord use us in ways that are relevant to our generation. Amen.


Translate