I must have Him to get through ~ Joyce Meyers


If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promise) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action].
—1 John 1:9
 
I often wonder how any human being can get through one day without God. If I feel that I am missing God's intimate presence for a day, I can hardly stand it. I'm like a little kid who has lost his mother in a store; all I can do is spend my time trying to get back to my parent. I don't want to be out of fellowship with the Lord. I must have Him to get through every single day of my life.

Through my conscience the Holy Spirit lets me know if I'm doing something wrong that grieves Him or that interferes with our fellowship. He shows me if I've done something wrong and helps me get back to the place I need to be. He convicts and convinces me, but He never, never condemns me.

If condemnation is filling our conscience it is not from God. He sent Jesus to die for us, to pay the price for our sins. Jesus bore our sin and condemnation (See Isaiah 53). We should get rid of the sin, but not keep the guilt. Once God breaks the yoke of sin from us, He removes the guilt too. He is faithful and just to forgive all of our sins and to continuously cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Every single day of our lives we need forgiveness. The Holy Spirit sets off the alarm in our conscience to recognize sin, and He gives us the power of the blood of Jesus to continuously cleanse us from sin and keep us right before Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate