In the church, leaders should always be servant leaders.~David McGee


1 Chronicles 9:22-24

"All those chosen as gatekeepers were two hundred and twelve. They were recorded by their genealogy, in their villages. David and Samuel the seer had appointed them to their trusted office. So they and their children were in charge of the gates of the house of the LORD, the house of the tabernacle, by assignment."

Life Lesson

In the church, leaders should always be servant leaders.

---------------------

Samuel, the prophet and spiritual leader of Israel, started out as a doorkeeper. In fact, it was during this time serving as a doorkeeper that he heard God's call (1 Samuel 3). God looks for those who are faithful in small things to serve Him in big things. Jesus spoke about this in the parable of the five talents in Matthew 5, and it is something seen repeatedly in scripture. David is another great example. He was faithful in caring for his father's flock. It was from that place of service that he was called by God to tend all of Israel as king.

Where are you serving God? Are you serving at all? Do you want to skip the floor sweeping or bathroom cleaning and go straight to teaching or leading worship? Friend, you may be able to force your way into a leadership position, but if it is not by God's calling, you are going to be miserable. God looks at the heart and calls leaders who have servant's hearts. If you want to serve in your true calling, then serve faithfully where He has you and listen - soon enough, like David and Samuel, you too will hear the call of God.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for Your grace and Your mercy. Lord, it has become clear that I have not been fully ready to assume the tasks You have called me to do. Help me to take a step toward a new beginning in my life. Drive me closer to You, and lead me down the path of Your choice. As I look back on my life, I see where I have been afraid to take a step of faith. Help me to recognize my true gifts and talents. Use me as Your vessel to accomplish Your purposes. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Senior Pastor
Calvary Chapel of the Triad
reachthetriad.com
twitter.com/ccot

Translate