Quench the thirst in others ~ David McGee

John 4:15

"Please, sir," the woman said, "give me some of that water! Then I'll never be thirsty again, and I won't have to come here to haul water."
NLT

Life Lesson

We should be pouring out to the world what God has poured into us.


The Israelites and Samaritans lived in a dry, thirsty land; in a desert. It is hard for many of us to imagine how valuable water is in such a desperate place. Yet, we live in a spiritually dry and thirsty land; we are often oblivious to the lack. I wonder how many times a day someone tells us they are thirsty. Perhaps not, 'please give me some of that water' but they put it another way. When they speak of problems with their children, troubles in their marriage, trials in their life, they are really saying, "I am thirsty." When they are short tempered, worn out and angry they are saying they don't know how to quench their thirst. I also wonder how many times we don't really understand their plea and their thirst. How many times we walk past opportunities to minister to them. Be filled up this morning and go give it away. Look for the thirsty and look for the dry. Hear their cries and offer them living water.

Dear Father, Thank You for loving me so much that You allow me to serve You. Lord, I lift this land up to You and ask You to raise up workers for the harvest. You offer the water that completely quenches our need and You offer it abundantly and freely. Open the hearts of this world to Your gift and allow me to play a part in the quenching of this thirsty world. I thank You that the results are in Your almighty hands. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate