God is in the process of changing us. ~ David McGee


1 Corinthians 3:1-2
"And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. 2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;"
NKJV

Life Lesson God is in the process of changing us.

Paul has written that there are two kinds of people; believers and unbelievers. Now he writes of two kinds of believers, mature (carnal) or immature.

Carnal is from the word, Carna, which means flesh. You have an old nature and a new nature. Your old nature is carnal. You have probably heard the word Carnival (Carna Vale) which literally means farewell to the flesh. Originally, parties were held before the week of Lent to usher in this time of dying to the flesh. Mardi Gras, a much less spiritual party celebrated in New Orleans and other places around the world started in this way.

God is in the process of changing us. The way we grow in God is by doing the things He has told us through His Word.
1 Peter 2:2 "...as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby," NKJV
Jesus told us that, "Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God" (Matthew 4:4). It would seem that Jesus placed great importance on His followers learning the scriptures. Many contemporary Bible teachers would do well to make note of this.

As we read and draw our nourishment from God's Word, we begin to grow in our new nature. Our lives begin to reflect changes by saying "yes" to the Holy Spirit. We are being conformed to the image of Jesus. Personal time in the Bible, in prayer, in faithful attendance of a Bible teaching church are all indications of spiritual maturity and are all important for our continued spiritual growth. 

Do you see these things in your life? 

Take a close look ...maybe even ask a friend or family member. Are these things apparent in your life? God does not want us to remain babes in Christ, but to enjoy the full blessing of walking in His will.

Dear Father,
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for Your desire to use me in the Harvest. Lord, I know I have made excuses and yet You and Your Word are still willing to guide me even in my selfishness. Thank You for teaching me. Forgive me for any envy, strife or division I have caused. I desire to know more and more of You. Thank You for loving me and for having a great plan for my life. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David

Translate