He sends us in His Name ~ David McGee


1 Chronicles 19:2

"Then David said, "I will show kindness to Hanun the son of Nahash, because his father showed kindness to me." So David sent messengers to comfort him concerning his father. And David's servants came to Hanun in the land of the people of Ammon to comfort him."
NKJV

Life Lesson

We should seek to comfort others.


One of the great joys of being a Christian is bringing comfort to others. Sometimes though, it feels like the weeds of our own bad decisions choke out our ability to do so. Sure, we must deal with earthly consequences of our sins, but that in no way prohibits us from being able to show God's peace to others. In the throes of our own pain, we are comforted with God's words saying:

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." NKJV

Because of our past experiences, we are uniquely qualified to minister to others. According to the Bible, God has specific plans for our lives (Jeremiah 29:11; Ephesians 2:10). Our Father God carries the title of "Father of mercies and God of all comfort" (2 Corinthians 1:3). He is training us to be comfort for others.

2 Corinthians 1:4 "...who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." NKJV

So friend, don't count yourself out of ministry because of your mistakes or your past. The same merciful embrace God gave you in your day of distress could become the hug you share with others in their day.

Dear Father,
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for the grace You give me. Lord, I don't want to play tug-of-war with You. Help me not to carry around the woundings of my past, but to lay them down at Your feet. Lord, I want to extend the same grace You have given me, to others. I need You. Please work in my life and in my heart. I surrender it ALL to You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate