What Does the Lord Have to Say? ~ Mark Balmer






Based on “Under HIS Influence - Mission Possible” by Pastor Mark Balmer;

10/17-18/09, Message #MB393; Daily Devotional #4 - “What Does the Lord Have to Say?”





Preparing the Soil (Introduction): Who am I, that I should go... (Exodus 3:11) What if they do not believe me or listen to what I say…? (Exodus 4:1) …I’m not very good with words. I never have been, and I’m not now, even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied and my words get tangled. (Exodus 4:10, NLT) …Lord, please! Send anyone else. (Exodus 4:13, NLT) But Lord, …how can I rescue Israel? My clan is the weakest in the whole tribe of Manasseh, and I am the least in my entire family!” (Judges 6:15, NLT) …How can I do that? If Saul hears about it, he will kill me. (1 Samuel 16:2) O Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I can’t speak for you! I’m too young! (Jeremiah 1:6, NLT)



Planting and Watering the Seed (Growth): “When you believe nothing significant can happen through you, you have said more about your belief in God than you have declared about yourself. You have said that God is incapable of doing anything significant through you.” (Henry Blackaby) This has often been the case in my own life. Because of circumstances or mistakes I have made, I tell God I am not usable. Of course, I think that because that is what Satan tells me the minute I mess up or something goes wrong. Yet this is the place we are most useful to God. When we cannot accomplish it in our strength or ability, then God can show up to do the work. Then He will get all the credit. All of the quotes above are from men we would consider to be Biblical greats. Yet each one of them thought they were not worthy or able to accomplish what God told them to do—which was true. We cannot accomplish a work of God apart from Him doing it. With that, God answered each of the statements.



Harvesting the Crop (Action/Response): And God said, “I will be with you... (Exodus 3:12) “Perform this sign,” the LORD told him. “Then they will believe that the LORD, the God of their ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—really has appeared to you.” (Exodus 4:5, NLT) Then the LORD asked Moses, “Who makes a person’s mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say.” (Exodus 4:11-12, NLT) The Lord said to him, “I will be with you. And you will destroy the Midianites as if you were fighting against one man.” (Judges 6:16, NLT) The Lord replied, “Don’t say, ‘I’m too young,’ for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, the Lord, have spoken!” (Jeremiah 1:7-8, NLT) What has God been telling you? What has been your response? I can do everything through him [Jesus] who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13) Obey God and leave the consequences to Him.



Cultivating (Additional Reading): 1 Corinthians 2:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate