Today, if you hear His voice...~Jack Graham


Therefore Eli said to Samuel, “Go, lie down, and if he calls you, you shall say, ‘Speak, LORD, for your servant hears.’”

-- 1 Samuel 3:9

As a young boy, I was fascinated with the story of young Samuel who lived with the priest Eli. One evening when Samuel went to bed, he heard a voice, saying, “Samuel, Samuel.”

Samuel thought Eli had called him, but he hadn’t. After a second and third time of hearing the voice and thinking it was Eli, Eli told Samuel, “Go, lie down, and if he calls you, you shall say, ‘Speak, Lord, for your servant hears.’”

This story had a profound impact on me, even as a child. In my heart, I could sense God’s calling. I realized that he could call my name. I learned to listen for his voice.

Well, several decades have passed since I received that childlike calling. And there’s something that I’ve learned over the years: The pursuit of God is a sustainable passion! And it is sustainable because it’s based on a personal relationship.

God is not content just to be your acquaintance. He wants you body, mind, and spirit! And he wants you to pursue him with your whole being.

The more you pursue God, the more you will love him. And the more you love him, the more you will want to please him. Start today. Tune your ear to hear his voice.

GOD IS NOT CONTENT JUST TO BE YOUR FRIEND. HE WANTS YOUR BODY, MIND, AND SPIRIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate