"I" planks with a purpose ~ David McGee





1 Chronicles 17:6

"Wheresoever I have walked with all Israel, spake I a word to any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people, saying, Why have ye not built me an house of cedars?"
KJV

Life Lesson

We should desire to feed the local community and the world the life-changing Word of God.

God has commanded leaders to feed His people. There are Christian ministries designed to meet the physical needs of people. That's great; there are so many people on this planet in the grip of poverty and starvation. The desire to meet these physical needs is a demonstration of a hunger and a thirst for righteousness. It is a desire to see this world as God truly intended and created it. There's only one problem...What about the spiritual needs of people?

Some of these ministries meet both the physical and the spiritual needs and that is how it should be. That's why it is our mission to Reach and Teach. Not only do we meet someone's physical needs, but we also meet spiritual needs through the faithful verse by verse teaching of the Bible. We provide real, hands-on discipleship to action. People are hungry for the Word of God, and in a time and place where there is a church building on every corner, I am amazed at how rare it is to find expositional teaching.

Amos 8:11 "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD." KJV

Is there a famine of the Word of God on this earth? I believe there is and it is time for Christians everywhere to step up and make the change happen according to the abundant sufficiency of our Lord.

Now is the time to feed the starving people of this world. Are you with me? Don't miss it. There will be a blessing for all who lock arms in this wave of change. If you hesitate you could miss it.
Come 'on, let's change the world.

Dear Father,
Thank You for loving me. I am so humbled by Your invitation to use me in building Your kingdom. Lord, I am not worthy. Who am I to serve in this glorious plan? Looking back at my past, I am gripped in my fear to step out at times. I desire to live Your will for my life. Lord, empower me to respond to Your invitation. Help me to become a kingdom builder. Use me to reach others so they can know You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate