Fit to be tried ~ David McGee






Ephesians 2:10

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."
NKJV

Life Lesson

Challenges while we serve God do not mean we aren't called. Don't quit.

Pastor DA did a great job sharing last night on the Calvary Chapel Distinctive: "The Call to Ministry." As I listened, I was reminded of this point... God does not call the equipped but equips the called.

Many assume that "ministry" is something exclusively for pastors or "people with a calling." That sort of thinking, while probably propagated in part by pastors, is simply not true. Every disciple of Christ is called to minister. What is ministry? Ministry is serving. Good works, while not the source of salvation, are for all Christians to walk in. Its boundaries are not defined by length, height, width or depth, but by need. Wherever people are, there is need. Ministry can be challenging to our flesh because ministry requires us to deny "self." We make it complex to justify the excuse, "I'm just not ready."

God equips and preordains us for works He has specifically prepared for us. Not only are the works set aside specifically for us, but we are uniquely created for them. As a result, we find ourselves without excuse. What excuses have you made not to serve others? God has set the bounds of ministry and given every Christian a call to actively love others. God tests the hearts of His servants so that we can be conformed to the image of His Son. Are you up for the challenge?

Dear Father,
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for sending Your Son to set me free. I know You have a plan for my life and trust that You will complete a good work in me. Lord, lay it on my heart daily to share with others about Your love. In all my shortcomings, empower me with strength to press on and challenge me to be live in the attitude and nature of You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate