Confident heart ~ Joyce Meyer


My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is steadfast and confident!
— Psalm 57:7

Notice that this passage says that not only must our heart be fixed and steadfast, it must also be confident. I have discovered that staying confident at all times is vital to successful ministry. I have found that even while I am busy ministering, even while I am up in front of an audience teaching, the devil will try to introduce thoughts into my head to make me lose confidence. For example, if two or three people look at their watches, the devil whispers to me, "They're so bored they can't wait to get out of here." If a couple of people get up and leave to go to the restroom, the devil will say, "They're leaving because they don't like your preaching."

Whatever we do for the Lord, the devil will try to do something to cause us to lose confidence. He doesn't want us to have confidence in our prayers. He doesn't want us to believe we can hear from God. He doesn't want us to have any confidence concerning the call on our life. He wants us to go around feeling like a failure.

That is why we need to keep a confident heart within us all the time. We shouldn't drag ourselves out of bed each day in fear or discouragement. Instead, we should get up every morning prepared to keep Satan under our feet.

How do we do that? We do it by confidently declaring what the Word says about us such as: "I am more than a conqueror through Jesus. I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me. I am triumphant in every situation because God always causes me to triumph." As we will see, that not only causes the devil to leave us alone, but it also strengthens our confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate