Step out in faith ~ Mark Balmer


Personal Experience

Based on
“Under His Influence – Cowards No More”
by Pastor Mark Balmer; 9/19-20/09,

Message #MB389; Daily Devotional #2 -

“Personal Experience”

Preparing the Soil (Introduction):

It is hard to share something you have never personally experienced. If you have never been to a live NFL game you would not be able to share the difference between watching a live game and watching it on TV. You wouldn’t understand the experience of being in the stadium with other fans versus watching the same game at home. How do you get experience?

You have to go do it.

You can’t sit at home watching TV. You have to actually experience it in order to share about it. You probably don’t think twice about sharing an experience you have personally witnessed and are probably eager to do so if you felt a positive impact from it. You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. (John 15:16, NLT).

Planting and Watering the Seed (Growth):

We don’t ask or expect big enough things. What trials are you experiencing where you think God can’t remove the mountain? I attended a conference recently, and I couldn’t have imagined when I signed up months ago how much I would need the message that God is able and He is able NOW.

No matter what trial you are facing, step out in faith and ask for the Spirit to fill you to face your trial.

He is able, and He will reveal Himself to you. “I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.” (Mark 11:23-24, NLT). I can testify from my own recent personal experience that God still works miracles, and He will answer your prayers.

I have been praying to experience His love.

He revealed that He has always been with me and has never left my side, but that I had taken my eyes off Him and was sinking. I thought of Peter walking on water, and that he started sinking when he lost focus on Jesus. Jesus didn’t let Peter drown; He got him safely back to the boat (Matthew 14:28-33). Don’t be afraid to get out of the boat and walk supernaturally on the water. What do you have to fear when the power of the Spirit is within you and will not let you drown? Get out there and experience all God has to offer.

Harvesting the Crop (Action/Response):

So take me as You find me,
All my fears and failures,
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow everything
I believe in, now I surrender
Shine your light and let the whole world see
We're singin’ for the glory
of the risen King, Jesus






Shining our light for His glory won't be hard when we personally experience Him moving our mountains. Not tomorrow, but NOW. No matter what you are experiencing, God is able. Do you want to continue to try to watch God from “TV” or at a “live” game? You have to make the move. Ask God to fill you with the Spirit, and you will experience His power in your life. Then you will be able to share from firsthand experience the difference between watching from a distance and experiencing God live.



Cultivating (Additional Reading): Colossians 1:25-29

Translate