Leastmost: "I like to sing" ~ Michael James Stone


-excerpt from "Utmost with the Least Most"

I like to sing.

I enjoy just about every kind of music you can imagine and much of it affects me both positively and negatively.

There are great movements in classic operas, some driving beats in BeBop and Rock.., well even disco to rap has a lyric and msuic to it. I have listened to all  of them and found some good in each.

Today I dragged out my guitar I can't play very well because I have steel strings on it and my fingers like Acoustic with narrow neck. I could fix it......, maybe I will....... by buying easier to play strings, but for now I sing one song to the Lord and he listens.

I spent one winter in Alaska writing songs in the basement apartment I lived in, then during summer I sang those songs on the roof of the garage.

I would go up each night to be alone with God. You could call me the Gypsy on the Roof....

Today during these Holy Days God said we would celebrate in his kingdom to come, I replay an old tear jerker I wrote and play often in simple chords and gentler tones:


Light the Candle of my Life,
Torch the fire in my soul,
You are my only light,
You're the One I want to know.

You're my God,
You're my God
You're my God
..and I am yours.


Strike the spark within my heart,
Breathe on me and let it grow,
I am here to do my part,
Let your Spirit through me blow.


Your my God,
Your my God
Your my God
..and I am yours.

(bridge)


Let there be no other Gods
                      (Let there be no other Gods)  [echo] 
Let there be no other Lords
                    (Let there be no other Lords)  [echo] 
You're the Master of my life
                  (You're the Master of my life)  [echo] 
You're the Maker of my soul,
                (You're the Maker of my soul)  [echo] 

You're my God,
You're my God
You're my God
..and I am yours.

Light the Candle of my Life
Torch the fire in my soul,
Strike the spark within my heart,
You're the One I want to know.   

You're my God.....


So Far........,
              God hasn't quit listening to me sing to him.
Isn't it time you sang to him too, instead of listening?

Translate