Why does God choose unlikely leaders? (81-5)~Barry Werner




Why does God choose unlikely leaders? (81-5)

Why does God seem to so often choose unlikely leaders? Read Judges 7:16-25.

Gideon was only one of many who were living a normal life working or raising a family when God called them. Yes, they had some human traits that set them apart in some areas but nothing about them would have led even their family to believe that God would choose them to be His representative to lead His people.

There is no human explanation as to why they were chosen but consider the following why they may have been chosen:

  • To catch the attention of the world
  • To bring honor to Himself
  • To keep the message simple
  • To prompt reliance on Him, not people
  • To fill that leader (and now us) with His power
  • To display His strength in the leader’s weakness
  • To point out the foolishness of the worldly wise

Isaiah 55:9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

Galatians 1:15-16 “But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man,”

  • Share/Bookmark

Tags: ,

Translate