We can be forgiven~David McGee


Romans 10:10

"For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
NKJV

Life Lesson

We can be forgiven.

---------------------

We are capable of doing incredible harm with our speech. With slash and burn efficiency, angry words sear into the lives of those around us. "I hate you!" "You're stupid!" "You'll never amount to anything!" What do little ears hear when you speak? What about your spouse? How many people carry around shrapnel from your tongue?

Philippians 2:11 "and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." NKJV

Let us be God's representatives of grace and love in this world. With the same mouth that we asked Jesus to forgive us, let us forgive others. Let us lead the world in the kind of love that desires to forgive even to the point of sacrifice. Let us commit ourselves to speaking things glorifying to the Lord even when we want to let a cutting comment fly. Let us be forgiving of others because God has forgiven us.

Dear Father:
Thank You that Your mercy is new every morning. Thank You for the grace and love You have given to me freely. Lord, forgive me for the times I have hurt others. Likewise, remind me to have the same grace toward others who have hurt me. Help me use my words in the way that is glorifying to You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Senior Pastor
Calvary Chapel of the Triad
reachthetriad.com
twitter.com/ccot

Translate