For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Rom 6:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Life Lesson

Jesus paid a debt He did not owe because we owed a debt we could not pay.

---------------------

Barabbas was guilty. Jesus took his place. We also stand guilty by the things we have done wrong. We often think of Jesus dying for our past sins but it's much more than that. The Bible says His mercies are new every morning. Jesus died for our past sins but He also died for our sins yesterday, today and this morning. Sometimes we try to carry around the sins He paid for. How about you right now? Are you carrying a past sin or a past failure or even a recent one around like some twisted badge of courage? Then right now, not 5 minutes from now, I encourage you to lay it all down. Jesus died that you would not have to live under condemnation. You are trying to carry something you were not meant or even designed to carry. Jesus is willing and able to carry it for you. This changes everything.

Dear Father,
Thank You for loving me. Please forgive me for my sins and show me the burdens I carry that You want to remove. There may be things I'm not aware of that are distracting me from the best that You have for me. Please show me these things so that I can give them over to You. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Senior Pastor
Calvary Chapel of the Triad
reachthetriad.com
twitter.com/ccot

Translate