DAILY DEVOTIONS: "not necessarily His plan or His will" -Jon Courson

DAILY DEVOTIONS
Read it. Live it. Share it. Tag it.

"Honoring God in the Morning"

#DAILYDEVOTIONS
#LIFESTYLEOFINSPIRATION
#INTHEMORNING


And God came unto Balaam at night, and said unto him, If the men come to call thee, rise up, and go with them; but yet the word which I shall say unto thee, that shalt thou do. And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab. And God’s anger was kindled because he went.
Numbers 22:20–22
Why was God’s anger kindled? Hadn’t He told Balaam to go? When, like Balaam, we beg and insist on our own way, God might say, “Okay.” But it’s not necessarily His plan or His will.

If you’re a parent, you will sometimes let your kids go the way they insist on going, even though you know there will be needless pain and heartache down the road.

Sometimes God will do the same with His children. 

That’s why the “name-it-and-claim-it” movement is so frightening to me.

I don’t want to name and claim anything God knows isn’t best for me. I want to pray like Jesus: “Father, . . . not My will, but Thine, be done” (Luke 22:42).

Translate