DAILY DEVOTIONS: "A Happy Heart!" -Joyce Meyer




DAILY DEVOTIONS
Read it. Live it. Share it. Tag it.

"Honoring God in the Morning"




#DAILYDEVOTIONS
#LIFESTYLEOFINSPIRATION
#INTHEMORNING



One Life to Give

by Joyce Meyer - posted October 15, 2013

I die daily [I face death every day and die to self]. 
—1 Corinthians 15:31
You and I were not born knowing how to love others. In fact, we were born with a selfish, “all about me” attitude. The Bible refers to this as “sin nature.” Adam and Eve sinned against God by doing what He told them not to do and the sin principle they established was forever passed to every person who would ever be born.
God sent His Son Jesus to die for our sins, and to deliver us from them. He came to undo what Adam did. When we accept Jesus as our Savior, He comes to live in our sprit and if we allow that renewed part of us to rule our decisions, we can overcome the selfish, sin nature of our flesh.
 It won’t go away, but the greater One who lives in us helps us overcome it daily (see Galatians 5:16). That does not mean we never sin, but we can improve and make progress throughout our lives.
I was greatly encouraged one day when I discovered that the apostle Paul wrote, “It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me approximately twenty years after his conversion (Galatians 2:20, NKJV). Learning to live unselfishly was a journey for him, just as it is for everyone else.
Paul also wrote our verse for today: “I die daily.” In other words, even this well-known apostle struggled with putting others first; he found that doing so was a daily battle and required daily decisions. 
Each of us must decide how we will live and what we will live for; and there is no better time to do so than right now. You and I have one life to live and one life to give, so the question is: How are you going to spend your life? 
I firmly believe that if each of us does our part to put the welfare of others first that we can see and be part of a revolution of love—and that kind of revolution has the potential to change the world.
Love God Today: Remember that whatever you do for others, you are doing for God.

Translate