Daily Hope: The longer you grow in your relationship with the Lord, the easier it is to know when he’s talking to you -Rick Warren

Posted by Rick Warren
“He who has ears to hear, let him hear.” Luke 8:8 (NIV)

"The longer you grow in your relationship with the Lord, the easier it is to know when he's talking to you."

All through Scripture, the Bible says God is speaking to us. Why? Because you were created for a relationship with God. That is the whole reason you exist. God wants you to know him intimately.

Now you can’t have a relationship without communication. The problem is that communication is very easily misunderstood. I’ve been married to my wife for 35 years and I still don’t always hear her or understand her. So if I can’t even figure out somebody I’ve lived with for 35 years, how am I expected to always get it right hearing God?

That might surprise you because a lot of people think pastors have a direct hotline to God. The truth is, sometimes I’m just as confused as you are in hearing God’s voice. I don’t get it clear every time – no different from anybody else -- but I will tell you this – it get’s easier.

After 35 years of marriage, I can recognize my wife’s voice when she calls me on the phone without her having to identify herself, even if it’s an overseas bad connection. And after more than 45 years in a relationship with God, I know his voice when he talks to me.

The longer you grow in your relationship with the Lord, the easier it is to know when he’s talking to you. The key is learning how to tune in to him.

Jesus said in Luke 8:8, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear” (NIV). God has given you all the equipment you need to hear him, and over the next few days, we’ll learn how to tune in to him.

Translate