RaulRies: "“Remember the former things of old, For I am God,"

 

Foreshadow

“Remember the former things of old, For I am God,
and there is no other; I am God, and there is none
like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And
from ancient times things that are not yet done,
Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all My pleasure.’”

Isaiah 46:9-10

If I did not have the New Testament, I could live with the Old Testament, with all the pictures and shadows of things to come.

If we did not have Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus or Numbers, if we did not have the Book of Joshua through the Book of Malachi, if we did not have Matthew all the way through Revelation, but we just had Deuteronomy, we would have the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I don’t know how many of you have done a study of Deuteronomy; I am blown away by the book. I have been excited reading it, studying it and just going over it, in every translation, and I can see how God was preparing His people, even then, for the coming Messiah.

How important it is for every one of us to read and study our Bibles — memorizing Scripture, so we can follow the plan God has set out from the beginning, in Genesis all the way to the Book of Revelation.

Every word in the Bible points to Christ.
-Martin Luther-

Posted via email from ..................The Last Call Digest

Translate