JonCourson: “The question is: Who am I, for I will be with you. And that is all you need.”

 

 

 

 

February 23
 
And he said unto him, Oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house. And the LORD said unto him, Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man.
Judges 6:15-16
 
“Who am I?” Gideon asked in verse 15.

“That’s not the issue,” the Lord says in verse 16. “The question is: Who am I, for I will be with you. And that is all you need.”

The key to service, to ministry, to being used by the Lord and being an instrument of the Lord is to say, “It’s not who I am. It’s who You are, Lord. And if You choose to use the foolish things of the world to confound the wise, if You choose the weak things to show Your strength, then I qualify. And if You choose to use me, You’ll get all the glory because it’s obvious I can do nothing on my own.”

What has God called you to do? What’s on your agenda this week? Is there something you know you should be engaged in, but don’t feel capable to do? Through this story, God would say to you, “It’s not about you. It’s about Me. I’m with you.”

Posted via email from ..................The Last Call Digest

Translate