DailyHope: Quiet Time Requires Surrender

 

 

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Quiet Time Requires Surrender
by Rick Warren

 

“May your kingdom come, may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven …” Matthew 6:7-9 (NCV)

"You'll find success in life when you stop trying to include God in your plans and instead ask God to include you in his."

When Jesus told the disciples to pray, “May your kingdom come, may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven” he was telling them to pray a prayer of surrender, to offer their lives to be used for God’s purposes.

This is the second step to a fruitful quiet time, and it’s also the key to spiritual health. How? You’ll find success in life when you stop trying to include God in your plans and instead ask God to include you in his. Stop saying, “God, I’ve got these great plans, if you’ll just come over here and bless them.” Success will come when you pray, “God, include me in your plans because I know nothing you do flops.”

That’s the value of praying, “Thy kingdom come, thy will be done.” You’re surrendering to God’s plan. You’re saying, “God, I want to get with your agenda and offer my life to be used for your purposes today. I offer you my hands, my head, my heart, my eyes – however you want to use me – my mouth, my feet, my body.”

Personally, I am not about to start the day without doing the prayer of surrender. Once that’s done I can face anything because I know I’m on God’s side. And when I’m on God’s side, guess who is going to be my defender? Guess who’s going to stand up for me?

The Bible says it like this, “Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” (Matthew 6:33 NIV).

 

 

Missed out on one of the Daily Devotionals? View the online archives.
Did someone forward this Daily Devotional to you? Get your own free subscription to The Purpose Driven Connection Daily Devotional, your daily inspiration via email.

 

 

Follow Us:

Follow Pastor Rick on facebook and Twitter.

 

 

You can unsubscribe at any time by changing your e-mail preferences. http://profile.purposedriven.com/managesubscriptionssimple.aspx?eid=868D6B6

 

Posted via email from ..................The Last Call Digest

Translate