LastCall: Think About It

“If there is less than 10 years left, What will you do?”

Go!

April 7th, 2010

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 28:19).

Dear Michael,
I embarked on my first real mission trip at the age of six. It was a short-term outreach and required no passport, air ticket, or even a packed suitcase. Traveling on foot I reached my destination with ease. There were no wild animals, malaria, or tsetse flies to contend with, and I didn't need to cross any deep ravines or crocodile-infested waters. My first mission trip was to my next-door neighbor.

Today I still remember the moment clearly. Standing in his front yard I explained the gospel to my friend Shaun as clearly as a six-year-old could. Then I invited him to surrender his life to Jesus. Although I don't recall much of the conversation, I do know that he listened intently.

Did Shaun accept Christ that day? I can't say. But one thing I know for sure is that I got a taste of what it was like to be used by the Lord. I was fulfilling His Great Commission, and it was exhilarating!

For you and I, one of the many exciting things about being a Christian is that God has a work for each of us to do. This work is described in Matthew 28:18-20, and is known as the Great Commission. It may also be called 'the Christian's Employment Contract', and it applies to every one of us - both young and old alike. In this commission, Jesus calls each one of us to go: "Go therefore and make disciples..."

To participate in the Great Commission is simpler than you may think. It does not necessarily mean crossing continents or oceans, and it may not mean giving up your occupation or studies. You may be a sales person, a school teacher, a street vendor, or a full time student, and still perfectly fulfill the Great Commission. Paul the apostle was a disciple-maker and a tent maker at the same time. However, your number one priority should always be to fulfill the Great Commission.

Are you presently obeying Christ's command to go and make disciples? I hope so! But if not, let me encourage you to take this all-important work more seriously than anything else that occupies your time. Jesus said: "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore..." This is not a suggestion; it is a command! It is as if Jesus were saying to you, "I am your Lord, your Commander in Chief, the One who loves you, and gave His blood for you - Go therefore..." Based on this authority, our only reasonable response is to obediently say, "Here am I Lord! Send me."

In His strong love,
Demitri

Devotions with Emotion

Michael James Stone

Fair Use Notice

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work herein is archived under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in reviewing the included information for personal use, non-profit research and educational purposes only.

Jesus  is Coming Very Soon.

“CLASSIC CHRISTIAN POSTS WILL NO LONGER BE POSTED WITH LAST CALL.”

They can still be found Mon-Fri here at The Classic Christian and Michael James Stone

­CLASSIC CHRISTIAN LINEUP

“My Prayer”

Daily Light

One Year Bible Blog

A.W.Tozer

Streams in the Desert

My Utmost for His Highest

God Calling

Spurgeon

Affiliate Sites

The Old Time Gospel     Sermon Index   One Year Bible Blog 

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.

The material is being made available in an effort to understand scripture, news, technology and society especially as it relates to God and Jesus. It is specifically for non-profit research and educational purposes only. I believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use,' you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. This is a completely non-commercial site for private personal use. No fee is charged, and no money is made off of the operation of this site. Nor is any implied reciprocal gratuities implied or construed.

Posted via email from The Last Call Digest

Translate