Serving others Is Serving God ~ Joyce Meyer




Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for men


Knowing [with all certainty] that it is from the Lord [and not from men] that you will receive the inheritance which is your [real] reward. 


[The One Whom] you are actually serving [is] the Lord Christ (the Messiah). 
— Colossians 3:23-24

One morning as I got up and went downstairs to make coffee, I felt the Lord tug at my heart to make Dave a fruit salad.



 Our housekeeper was off that day, and Dave really enjoyed his fruit salad in the morning. To be honest, I did not want to make a fruit salad. I could have handled bringing Dave an apple and a banana, but I did not want to take the time to cut them all up in a bowl and serve it to him. 

I wanted to go pray and read my Bible!

Sometimes we make the mistake of thinking that spiritual activity replaces obedience and makes us spiritual, but it doesn't. The Lord spoke to my heart that serving Dave was actually serving Him. I obediently made the fruit salad.

It seems that everyone today wants to be free, and Jesus has indeed set us free, but He has not set us free to be selfish and to want to be served, but rather to serve others.

Translate