Our Standard is Jesus ~ Joyce Meyer


That you may walk (live and conduct yourselves) in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him and desiring to please Him in all things.

Colossians 1:10

Obey God in every little thing, and you will enjoy an excellent life. 



Be diligent in your obedience; go the extra mile. Learn to live your life before God and not before man.

Go the extra mile and do all the little things that God tells you to do, even though nobody else may ever know. Put your grocery cart back in the stall where it belongs instead of leaving it out in the middle of the parking lot. Why? Because the owner of the property has put up a sign saying, "Please return carts here," and God has said to submit to authority (See Titus 3:1).


The flesh says, "Well, everybody else leaves their carts everywhere; why should I put mine up?"


Because our standard is not others—
our standard is Jesus.


When I compare myself to everybody else, I don't look too bad. But if I compare myself to Jesus, I am humbled and ask God to help me!

Until Jesus comes to get us, we need to compare ourselves to Him and the standard of holiness that He holds up for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate