"He that loveth father or mother more than me, is not worthy of me ~ Michael James Stone



-from the desk of the Editor in Chief

Jesus Said,

"He that loveth father or mother more than me, is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me" He that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me."

Today my wife put our Marriage Certificate in front of the computer monitor screen. Most likely she thought it was funny, because last night, we both forgot today was our "anniversary".


 She knows I love her, because I communicate that daily to her. I have "conversation" with her and I tell her I love her. She "hears" if from me daily because I take the time to "do it".


 We even Kiss each other daily. 


Do I remember our anniversary? no. Do I recall her birthday? no. Does that mean I love her less? no.


As a matter of fact, she will tell you I can really irritate her at times and drive her crazy. Does that mean she loves me less? No. 


Why? 


Because Love is a Choice.


I chose to love her, so I do. I choose to show her daily I love her, so I do. I choose how and when to demonstrate that love to her and when I do, she is overjoyed and even blushes. So do I. We blush because our demonstration of love to each other is tender. 


She knows I love Jesus more. She has chosen also to love Jesus more than She does me. In fact, I am persuaded she is so in love with Jesus at times I am jealous of that fact because everyday of her life I see her go out and read her bible daily.


Every day. 


And yes everyday she read ALOT she has no clue or idea what the heck it means, or what Gos is saying, but because She loves the Lord, she seeks to understand Him and grow closer by reading her Bible, daily. She even tells me she never remembers what she just read.


She saw me read devotionals as well as my bible and was intrigued. She asked what they were and I told her  the Holy Spirit feeds me through scripture, but God often speaks to me in devotions. She read one. later she said it was weird...., the devotional discusses something in particular, and at work, that happened.


I told her that was God meeting her where she is at. 


She kept reading her bible, but she read devotionals till one day listening to Greg Laurie, who we post a daily devotion from, SHE said he told people NOT TO READ devotionals.  I smiled.  I already knew what Greg probably said because I have seen how people interpret Pastors, and I have seen how the Holy Spirit applies what Pastors say.


Still, whenever she picked one up, most of the time, if she understood it, It fit.


God loves me. God loves you. God will not let you love anything or anyone more than Him.


 If you are in ministry, he also will not let you choose when to obey him and when to obey your wife, job, child, or anyone else OVER something He tells you to do.


Often people confuse that about me. They presume I love then less, or I am dogmatic, or legalistic, or weird, or some wacko. (smile) No. I just love Jesus More.


My wife has never argued that point. She knows me and loves me for it. Not because she seeks me to lead her or be some guide or priest etc, but because She too loves Jesus more.


Recently I have had to deal with Ministers, ministries, individuals, personal choices, you name it from computer problems to spiritual attacks but you know.... and when all around seems to want to discuss and direct me in a way I choose not to go.


I just love Jesus more.


The reason we post these devotions to you, the reason I don't go "anniversary" and get distracted or attracted the day others may "set aside" for themselves is simple. 


Jesus loves you more than you know, and because He chose to love you. 
So do I.
And I do
because I love Jesus more.


 "He that loveth father or mother more than me, is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me" He that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me."


-MjS

Translate