Last Call Digest: Preaching to bikers -Greg Laurie



Preaching to bikers


Taking it to the streets! (photo by Jonathan Laurie)
On Sunday, I had the opportunity to preach to some bikers.
Many of them were not your “weekend warrior” wannabes like me, but real, genuine hardcore outlaw bikers. According to a police officer I spoke with, there were at least two “outlaw” gangs present.


Having said that, let me also say that they were one of the most attentive and respectful audiences I have ever spoken to!


Not only did I share the Christmas story, but also a gospel message. They stood quietly and took it in, and at the end, when I led those who wanted to accept Christ in a prayer, many of them responded.


We gave away some 250 New Believer’s Bibles that we had brought with us.


The joy on children’s faces


This was all a part of the Fred Jordan Mission’s annual toy drive, which is attended by thousands of generous bikers across the Southland. You could see the delight on the children’s faces as they were given toys and other gifts to brighten their Christmas.


This is the second year that I have gone, and I loved every minute of it! It rained pretty hard in the morning, but by the time our ride began, the roads were dry and clear.


So thanks for your prayers. And especially remember to pray for some of those bikers who hopefully made that commitment to Christ.



My aunt, Willie Jordan. (Photo by Jonathan Laurie)

Hangin' with the L.A.P.D. (Photo by Jonathan Laurie)

Translate