Only Believe ~ Joyce Meyer


Jesus asked, Do you believe that I am able to do this?
Matthew 9:28

In Mark 5:36 (GNT), He said, "Don't be afraid, only believe." There have been many times in my life when I have been discouraged and not known what to do, or felt that nothing was working and that everybody was against me. Whether it was about unfilled financial needs or unrelenting pain in my body, I would say to God, "What do You want me to do?"

The thing I have heard over and over again is, "Only believe." Hebrews 4:3 tells us that believing brings us into the rest of God. Once we enter that rest, it is wonderful because although we may still have a problem, we are not frustrated by it anymore.

In Mark 11:24 Jesus said that whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you receive it, and you will get it. In Acts 16:31 we are told, "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved." Hebrews 11:6 tells us that those who come to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him.

Can you see from these scriptures how important it is to believe? If you and I want to receive anything from God, we must first believe that He is, and then we must believe that He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate