The Davidic Throne ~ Raul Ries


“He shall build a house for My name,
and I will establish the throne of His kingdom forever.”

2 Samuel 7:13

At the second coming of Christ, David will rise from the dead and reign with Christ as a prince over the house of Israel, serving His people like a shepherd caring for its sheep.

Psalm 89 links the second coming of Christ and His reign with the fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant. The psalm states that in spite of the sins of Israel, David’s posterity will be established on the throne forever. This should give us hope. David failed tremendously before God, committing vile sins, yet the Lord forgave his repentant confession and promised him a glorious future. The same holds true for us. Though we may fail miserably, God will hear our repentant confession and give us a great future as well.

Thought for the Day:

I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn to my servant David: ‘Your seed I will establish forever, and build up you throne to all generations.’”
--Psalm 89:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate