Right and Wrong Matter More Than Life ~ Raul Ries


“For whoever desires to save his life will lose it,
but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.”

Matthew 16:25

In his book, Daniel, W.A. Criswell shared the following story: “Studdert Kennedy, and Anglican minister, pastor at Worchester and a chaplain in the first world war, a man who interpreted the Christian life for so many, wrote from the trenches in France to his son; ‘The first prayer that I want my son to learn to say for me is not ‘God keep daddy safe’ but ‘God make daddy brave and if he has hard things to do, make him strong to do them.’ Life and death don’t matter, my son. Right and wrong do. Daddy dead is daddy still, but daddy dishonored before God is something awful, too bad for words. I’d suppose you’d like to put in a bit about safety, too, old chap, and mother would. Well put it in, but afterwards, always afterwards, because it really does not matter so much. Every man, woman and child should be taught to put first things first in prayer, both in peace and war, and that, I believe, is where we have failed.’”


Thought for the Day:

When life itself matters more than righteousness, we have no life at all.” --Victor Frankl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate