The greatest story ever told ~ David McGee




1 Corinthians 2:1

"And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God."
KJV

Life Lesson

Tell people your God story often.

The power of your testimony is not in how well you speak or how you couch the details. It's not in the clothes you wear or in worldly prosperity. The power of your testimony is in God and the lengths He went to make you right with Him. Your testimony is your walk with Jesus now. That's why it's so precious. People don't see who you were, but they do see who you are.

There is power in your story. It is the "I used to be but now I'm..." God story. People need to hear it. There is no issue you need to work through first. You will always be working through issues and if you are waiting to be perfect, have the Bible memorized or have a refined Christianese vocabulary filled with ten syllable words, you will be with Jesus before you ever share your story. That would be a shame. How many can be reached through the hearing of your testimony? I don't know and neither will you unless you step out, uncomfortable or not, and share. Do you want to find out?

Dear Father,
Thank You for the simple story of Your Son, Jesus, who died for me so I could be forgiven. Lord, thank You, that in Your love, You offer me Your grace and mercy. Give me the strength not to drift in sharing the simple message of Your story. In boldness to glorify You, allow me the opportunities to tell others my story. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate