We should pray (which is simply talking and listening to God) ~David McGee


Acts 12:5
"Peter was therefore kept in prison, but constant prayer was offered to God for him by the church."
NKJV

Life Lesson
We should pray (which is simply talking and listening to God).
---------------------
I encourage you to begin 'walking in prayer'. Paul tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 to "pray without ceasing." At first glance, this seems impossible. In considering this further, we see that Paul is telling us to walk in prayer. A portion of my own prayer life is made up of simple short prayers as I commute to work, wait in line at a local store or on a walk alone.
This makes me much more aware of the presence of God in my life. Often when someone asks me to pray for them, I pray for them right then and there. I want the person to know I have prayed for them. Let me encourage you to begin walking in prayer today. You will discover what an amazing difference it will make in your life.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for the gift of prayer. Thank You for the gift of being able to talk to You and listen to You wherever I am, whoever I am with and whatever I am doing. I ask, Lord, that I would develop a life style of talking and listening to You. Help me to pray throughout my day and enjoy the time I get to spend with You. Also, God, help me to remember to pray for others. Thanks God for listening to me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate