Twitter Proverbs from Rick Warren





  1. I'm not amazed that God does miracles.I'm amazed that God grieves.He cares that much for us! Lk19:41,Jn11:35 Jesus wept!
  2. NO,I dont automate tweets.YES,I write&send all myself.NO,Icant call/meet.YES,read DMs.I pray4right words&send between mtgs!
  3. Over an 800yr period the Romans crucified 600,000 people,Only 1 came back to life.It split history into BC/AD.1 Cor15:3-8
  4. There's no place u'll be today where God isn't.U may FEELalone but u wont BE alone.Instead of fear,think God is here! Ps139
  5. When I see ANYONE making a real difference,I say"Great! Keep it up! Now teach me how to do it too!"Pr18:15 R U teachable?
  6. A leader can only move fast 1)in the honeymoon 2)in a crisis 3)after creating a culture of change.Otherwise its suicide
  7. Following Him when your heart is breaking is greater faith than praising Him when your heart is singing. Ps.34:18
  8. Continue praying 4 Kathy Keller's recovery (Tim's wife).She's home since Fri.In good spirit.Pray 4 no infection. &strength 4Tim.Col1:11
  9. In 35 yrs of leading Ive been afraid at every major step but I DID IT ANYWAY since I REFUSE let fear run my life.2 Tim1:7
  10. In over ur head: Remember that great theological truth from FINDING NEMO:"Just keep swimming!Just keep swimming!" Rom12;11
  11. It's a fine line between persistence&stubborness.There's a time 2 hold on &time 2 let go.Eccl.3:5 We usually quit too soon
  12. Life is too short 2 make all the mistakes urself."Ask the former generations & findout what their fathers learned"Job8:8
  13. Last word:It's no accident that the more blessed ur ministry is,the more the Accuser(Rev12:10)hates it.Rejoice! Mt5:11-12
  14. I know God allows vicious attacks in my ministry so I can encourage the rest of u when u face it. 2 Cor1:4 It's a honor.
  15. The reason I tweet often about criticism is our 2yr survey of pastors showed it's ur #1 frustration.#2conflict #3loneliness
  16. RT @tonyliston "A bulldog can whip a skunk any day,but it's just not worth it!" GreatTony!Thanks 4 all u do 4 www.pastors.comchats
  17. B.Graham's counsel on false attacks:"Rick,if u wrestle w a pig,both of u will get dirty,but only 1of u will like it."Pr26:4
  18. "Man’s response 2 the invitation to repent&come 2Christ is not simply a wise human decision.It is itself a work of grace."-Andrew Fuller
  19. Thanks Dean. Ive been planting churches since 5yr old @deanktshttp://twitpic.com/fyajo - inspiring photo of young Warren
  20. "God saves those who suffer through their suffering; he gets them to listen through their pain" Job36:15 (NCV)

Translate