This day is made for Him ~ Jon Courson


For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Colossians 1:16
 
This, gang, is the secret of life. Jesus is not the created one, He is the Creator.

‘This is the day the Lord hath made,’ we sing.

What does that mean? It means this day is made for Him, and the only way it will work is if I live for Him because, in so doing, I will be fulfilling the only reason it was created.

‘I don’t like that,’ you might say. ‘I don’t like the implications or the restriction.’

And the Lord would say to you, ‘Tough. That’s the way life works. And when you live your life to know Me, you’ll find your life working. But if you don’t, you’re sure to crash ...’

I could say, ‘I’d like to see the valley tonight. So I’ll just rev up my Montero, drive up a mountain, hit the accelerator, and fly over the valley. It’ll be great!’ But the fact is, my Montero was not made to fly.

So too, people say, ‘I’m going to fly high and live for myself.’ But they crash because they weren’t made for any other purpose than to glorify God. That’s why they exist. All things were made by and for Jesus. And that includes us.

Translate