Talk about Jesus and salvation through Him ~ David McGee


Acts 22:17-18

Now it happened, when I returned to Jerusalem and was praying in the temple, that I was in a trance and saw Him saying to me, 'Make haste and get out of Jerusalem quickly, for they will not receive your testimony concerning Me.'
NKJV

Life Lesson

When sharing, always keep Jesus the focus. Keep the main thing, the main thing.

---------------------

In Acts chapter 22 Paul is sharing his testimony with an enraged group of Jews who were seeking to kill him. Notice, however, what Paul does NOT share in his testimony to these groups of men. Paul isn't saying anything about how difficult his life has been since he became a Christian. Certainly, he could have. Paul endured incredible hardships during his ministry.

He was beaten many times; he was stoned with rocks, shipwrecked and imprisoned. Paul could easily have said, "Well, life's been pretty hard since Jesus saved me. I've been beaten, shipwrecked and imprisoned and now, once again, people are trying to kill me." Instead, Paul puts the focus on Jesus...and so should we. Brothers and sisters, when sharing your testimony, don't talk about the difficulties in your life. Jesus told us that in this world we would have tribulation, but He didn't stop there.

Jesus said, "Be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33b NKJV

To talk about trials will only push people away. Talk about Jesus and salvation through Him. Keep the main thing the main thing.

Dear Father,
Thank You for the life you have given me. Lord, when you bring me the opportunity to speak to someone about my testimony help me to always keep Jesus the main thing. Please do not let my words get in the way but let the Holy Spirit speak through me so that Jesus will be seen. Thank You for giving us Your Word to learn and obey. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Translate