Serving Jesus ~ David McGee


Acts 6:3-4

3 "Now look around among yourselves, brothers, and select seven men who are well respected and are full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom. We will put them in charge of this business. 4 Then we can spend our time in prayer and preaching and teaching the word."
NLT


Life Lesson

We should be willing to serve the Lord in any and all ways.

In Acts 6, we see how important it became for these twelve men to raise up other Godly disciples to help in the work of the ministry. God had called these disciples to teach the Bible. In the midst of the grumbling among the believers, a decision had to be made. They could have either raised up other Godly disciples to help in the work, or they could have neglected their study of the Word of God. In order to teach the people, these men made the right decision. Instead of trying to delegate the order of business among themselves, they decided to raise up others. It is important in ministry and in this body of believers to delegate and 'give away' ministry. God has given each and every one of us gifts in order to serve Him and the body of Christ. The gifts that each of us encompass are a necessary ingredient to the body of believers.

Eph 4:11-12, 'And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,' NKJV.
Loved one, step out and begin serving the Lord in the small things, and watch as larger doors open for you. He is so worthy to be served. Together, we will see God change lives, starting with our own.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for Your grace and Your mercy. Lord, it has become clear that I have not been fully ready to assume the tasks You have called me to do. Help me to take a step toward a new beginning in my life. Drive me closer to You, and lead me down the path of Your choice. As I look back on my life, I see where I have been afraid to take a step of faith. Help me to recognize my true gifts and talents. Use me as Your vessel to accomplish Your purposes. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Translate