Let it drop ~ Joyce Meyer



And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop.
—Mark 11:25


According to the dictionary, forgive means "to renounce anger or resentment against, to absolve from payment of (e.g., a debt)." I like the phrase used by The Amplified Bible in this verse, "Let it drop." How many times have you had a problem with someone and think you have settled it between you, but the other person keeps bringing it back up?

My husband and I have had those kinds of experiences with each other many times in our shared life. I believe most men are more willing and able to let things go than women. The popular stereotype of the nagging wife is not entirely inaccurate. I know, because I used to be one of them.

Dave and I would have a disagreement or problem between us and he would say, "Oh, let's just forget about it." But I would keep dragging it up again and again. I can remember him saying to me in desperation, "Joyce, can't we just drop it?" That's what Jesus is telling us to do here in this verse. Drop it, leave it, let it go, stop talking about it.

Translate