Followers of Jesus should care and be willing to sacrifice for those that do not know Jesus as their Savior.~David McGee


Romans 9:1-3

"I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit, that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh,"
NKJV

Life Lesson

Followers of Jesus should care and be willing to sacrifice for those that do not know Jesus as their Savior.

---------------------

The Apostle Paul's legacy endures as a challenge for us to re-think our obligation toward others. He was willing to make a sacrifice of his own life so that others could know Jesus. Are you willing? Whether we want to admit it or not, Christians place conditions on compliance. We draw lines of feasibility. I will do this or that as long as it falls within certain parameters. What conditions did Jesus place on His love and His willingness to sacrifice?

Here's a common situation... the homeless man asking for a little cash... how do you react? "If I give that homeless man a few dollars, he will go and buy alcohol. I don't want to be an 'enabler'." Yeah, maybe he will buy alcohol, but what if you share Jesus and pray for him? Jesus died for that man just as he died for you. God took the action for you to claim the opportunity. Friend, be an enabler... enable others with the choice - Jesus... yes or no?

What about sharing with that long time friend, family member or passing acquaintance? How will they react? If your friend or family member were drowning would you be considering their reaction before throwing a life line to them? Of course not! I say let's hang up the excuses and get beyond 'comfortable'. There is no inappropriate time to share Jesus.

Dear Father,
Thank You for saving me. Please soften my heart towards others and give me a deep caring for them. Open up opportunities for me to share and help me to be faithful to do so. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Senior Pastor
Calvary Chapel of the Triad
reachthetriad.com
twitter.com/ccot

Translate