ThinkAboutIt: "DE-VOTED" - Michael James Stone


"Giving you somthing to think about"

 

Last Call Devotional Network

 

A Pastors Point of View   Think About It

DE-VOTED

Devotionals for me are a way of life. I couldn't afford to buy them so if I got one I clung to it like it was the Word of God..... and at times...it was.  I would not be the Christian I am had I not read Streams in the Desert: Yearly, over and over again. 

The same goes for My Utmost for His Highest. Every year I try to read it thru each day for one year and in 35 plus years I never have, I get too busted and convicted that I skio it for a day or two.....or week....or year.

Same goes for A.W. Tozers.....I like em, I read em, but after a while I leave them because they "speak" directly to me. AND I don't mean always in a good way.

God Calling is always comforting and morning Spurgeon is fine, but the only one I can read and not hear God THAT much is my Daily Light which is only Scipture. 

The truth is there are many days I would rather read devotionals than scripture because if I read the Word of God I will study it and there goes my day.....stuck in a bible again.

Its almost a forgone conclusion that if I don't want to read my bible and/or my devotionals all i have to do is take a bath. No really, I do. I make sure the water is good and scalding, then I load up the sides of the tub with my devotionals, bible, paper pen, hand towels (you can't write on wet paper), and towel. I get in and after that quick HOT SHOCK that should have killed an old geezer like me........BINGO.....God starts talking.

You ever have that problem? Can't get God to shut up?

I mean it's not like some Holier than thou communion with God our Father, I mean, after all, I am naked. But really, there I am relaxed and ready to grab any number of my books to read; study; enjoy ( I have a few Christian Fiction I am always reading) and devotionals.....then .........GOD.

Of course that doesn't last long for me.....as soon as God starts and I hear even alittle bit of what he is saying I go..........OH OH OH and leap out of the tub dripping wet ....grab a towel to wrap around and thirty seconds later with wet footprints leading to the Computer........I am sharing or doing what God told me.....

You ever get like that? So excited you can't wait you just gotta share it with someone?

I do.

How do you think this piece got written just now.........wet wrapped in a towel looking like a man obsessed or possed with devotion and emotion for Jesus.

 

Is that a Bad thing?


 


Yes! Jesus is Coming!  

 -The Classic Christian Network-  -Biblical Prophecy Today Network-  -Last Generation News Report-

  -Christian Issues Network-   -Last Call Devotional Network-   -Natzsal The Jewish Network-

 -Michael James Stone Online-


 

Translate