PennyAnteThoughts: Do what you're told.

Penny Ante Thoughts

"Do what you're told."

I read this in Daily Hope Today: 

"When Jesus tells us what to do, we need to pay close attention to the details. Otherwise, we may act according to our assumptions -- according to what the Jesus we imagine in our minds might tell us to do."

I would like to say "well duh!!" but I am afraid it is true. We assume more than we do what we are told.

You see, assumption says I know God wants me to get up, wash my face, put on my pants, get in my car, go to work and have a nice day. NEVER MIND THE SNOWSTORM that blocked traffic for eight hours with me in it. NEVER MIND the fact that while I was in the snowstorm somoen broke inot my house. NEVER MIND that while I am sitting in my car listening to a radio broadcast the message says: "I never get out of bed, or leave the house unless first I talk to God about it."

 

Gee Ya think there's a message there?

What has GOD told you to Do....TODAY....NOW....THIS MINUTE.

The hardest part of Christianity is the place most Christians get pretty quick when they think they know more than they do know. They assume, or presume, since God told them yesterday, when it was sunny and bright and all was right, that Go to Work meant that today there was no need to ask God what to do. It was obvious. As Obvious as a snowstorm and not being home when I should be.

People tell me all the time an interpretation of what they think and I listen. Ok, maybe I ignore them but I pay attention to the fact they are interpreting. They never say, or rarely, Jesus told me, or God said. Bad thing is those few times when somone does it's usually a lunatic looking for the Looney Tunes Channel without a television set. But Jesus isn't like that with me.

He tells me where to go, what to do, what to say.

Sometimes I do it.

But I can never say I didn't know better.

Just Do What You're Told.

 

Posted via email from ..................The Last Call Digest

Translate