JonCourson: “We will serve the Lord,”

 

February 11
 
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Joshua 24:15
 
“We will serve the Lord,” said Joshua. “I expect this to be reality. My kids will serve the Lord right beside me.”

The Bible says that without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6). Therefore, Dad, Husband, or Grandpa, you need to say, “I have faith that God will do what He’s promised.” What has God promised? He has promised that He Who has begun a good work will be faithful to perform it (Philippians 1:6), that He is able to keep that which is committed to Him (2 Timothy 1:12), that if you train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old, he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6).

For 120 years, Noah pounded away on the ark, preparing it not only for the animals, but for his wife, three sons, and their wives as well. What amazes me is that he prepared these rooms twenty years before his sons were even born. That’s faith!

You can do the same thing. In faith, say, “I believe my family will indeed serve the Lord. I believe my kids won’t be wiped out and washed away but that they’ll be on the Ark of salvation.” Have faith. Believe. It’s important because without faith it’s impossible to please Him.

“As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

Declare this for your own family. Expect it to be so. And realize it begins with you.

Posted via email from ..................The Last Call Digest

Translate