RaulRies: We are freewill servants to Jesus Christ.

FRIDAY, January 28, 2011

Freewill Servants

“If your brother, a Hebrew man, or a Hebrew woman, is sold to you and serves you six years, then in the seventh year you shall
let him go free from you.”

Deuteronomy 15:12

During this time, a person would go to the market and buy a slave. If they treated him badly, he could hardly wait to be released in the seventh year; but if they loved and cared for him, he could decide to stay with them. At the end of six years, the master would say, “Your six years are coming up. I am going to free you and I am going to let you go. Thank you for serving me for six years.”

If the slave was treated well, he could say, “Wait a minute. I do not want to leave. I want to stay with you, because you have treated me right. You have my wife, my kids and everything. I want to serve you for the rest of my life for free.”

Then he would take the servant to the front door of his house, and in the right ear, he would drill a hole through the lobe and put a gold earring on him. When he walked around with an earring, people would know him as a freewill servant to his master.

It is the same for you and me. We are freewill servants to Jesus Christ. Think about it. We serve Him for free, of our own free will. We said, “We love you Lord. That is why we are here. Go ahead and make a hole in my ear. I want to be a bondservant of Jesus Christ.” Willingly, I want to love Him, and I want to serve Him. Not by force. He has never mistreated me, and He never will.

Service is the overflow of
super-abounding devotion.
-Oswald Chambers-

Posted via email from ..................The Last Call Digest

Translate