MikeMacIntosh: "In my distress I called upon the Lord"

Today's Devotion

From Mike MacIntosh

But when the children of Israel cried out to the Lord, the Lord raised up a deliverer for them: Ehud the son of Gera, the Benjamite, a left-handed man. By him the children of Israel sent tribute to Eglon king of Moab.
Judges 3:15

Notice that prayer was at the forefront of Israel's mind when they knew they got themselves into trouble. And that's all it takes for you to get back on track with the Lord; go to Him in prayer. Cry out to Him. Look at what David said in the Psalms when he was in turmoil and stress.

"In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry came before Him, even to His ears" (Psalm 18:6).

"The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry" (Psalm 34:15).

"From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I" (Psalm 61:2).

The people of Israel realized that they were not living the way God wanted them to, so they simply cried out to Him. And God was there; He listened to them and responded by sending another judge their way to deliver them from the enemy. His name was Ehud. All we know is that he's a left-handed man. His name means "I will give thanks." We don't get the impression here that he's an awesome, trained warrior or a winsome, presidential-like politician. All we see here is a left-handed man giving thanks to God.

Ehud used his one gift, being left-handed, for God in destroying the enemy and bringing eighty more years of peace to God's people. I think something that should be encouraging for you today is that God has gifted you in some way! Now use your gifts, with the help of the Holy Spirit, to please Him and bring about some peace to your family, your home, and your neighborhood.

Posted via email from ..................The Last Call Digest

Translate