JonCourson: "God has exacting boundaries for you."




January 29
And these are the countries which the children of Israel inherited in the land of Canaan, which Eleazar the priest, and Joshua the son of Nun, and the heads of the fathers of the tribes of the children of Israel, distributed for inheritance to them.
Joshua 14:1
With Reuben, Gad, and the half-tribe of Manasseh remaining on the east side of the Jordan, the rest of the nine and a half tribes claimed their territory on the west side, in the Promised Land. Each tribe was given a certain region, described in chapters 13 through 21. These descriptions might seem tedious to us, but they were important and wonderful to the Israelites. Why? Because the descriptions were of their own inheritance. 

So too, God has a wonderful plan for you. It might be boring to others, but for you, it’s of utmost importance to know what territory God has given to you, where your place is in the Body of Christ, what God wants you to do. If your heart desires to know His will, be sure He will give the parameters to you. As time goes on, what you’re to do will become clear to you.

“I am careful that I do not stretch myself beyond measure,” Paul wisely declared (see 2 Corinthians 10:14-16). In other words, “I realize what God has called me to do and I want to take it all. But I’m not going to stretch myself beyond what He’s called me to do and to be.”

God has exacting boundaries for you. And it’s our privilege and responsibility to explore, to pursue, to pray, to seek the Lord, to study, to wait on Him and say, “Lord, what territory have You mapped out as mine? Help me to stick to it and be faithful in it that I might take all the territory You have for me.”

Translate