Horizon: Jan4


When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
Psalm 8:3-4

When I think of all the things God has made that are bigger than me, my problems seem to go away. Have you ever thought about what it would be like to constantly consider God and His works? Sure, problems may still actually, physically be there, but they don't affect me like they do when I am doing what the psalmist says here: "considering" Him. Look at another psalm by David:

These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng (Psalm 42:4).

Coming together as a body to worship, sing praises, and shout to God with joy and thanksgiving with our voices should bring us the kind of exuberance and happiness that the world can't buy. As David remembers these times, he pours out his soul to God for these refreshing moments to his soul. How incredible it is to join together and worship God!

We can all agree with the words of Jesus in John 13:34-35 when He says that loving God and loving each other are indeed the greatest commandments. So today, remember these two Psalms. Consider God and His majestic works, and remember how incredible it is to gather together with fellow believers to worship!

Translate